Change Log 5.10.3
From BOINC Wiki
Change Log 5.10.13, June 16, 2007
- Mac: Minor fix to error handling when setting permissions.
- Mac: Create "Uninstall BOINC" application, modify build scripts to include it in release package with BOINC Manager.
- Mac: Fix a bug in release_GridRepublic.sh build script which created a bogus " BOINC Data/locale" directory (with a bad leading space character.)
- WinSETUP: The VBS custom action should delete the existing VBS script when executing in uninstall mode.
- Mac: Fix a minor bug which caused an assert in backtrace code.
- Mac: Define NDEBUG in all projects for all deployment builds.
- WinSETUP: The VBS custom action should delete the existing VBS script in the various uninstall modes.
- Mac: Further work on "Uninstall BOINC" application: use various techniques to try to locate BOINC Manager in non-standard directories, use branding-independent search techniques. to include it in release package with BOINC Manager.
- Mac: Update visible copyright date from 2006 to 2007.
- fixes SVN ticket #241: BOINC Manager should only display one of each project, no matter how many time you switch to and from the page.
- client: rename BOINC_DIAG_USEDEFALUTS (??) to BOINC_DIAG_DEFAULTS
- client: improved the handling of unrecognized XML
- Old: suppose we have
- <name>foobar</name> <unrec> <name>blah</name> </unrec>
- where "<unrec>" is unrecognized.
- We'd skip the <unrec>, but parse the <name> within it. This wrong.
- New: skip the entire unrecognized element
- NOTE: I implemented this in the new parser (XML_PARSER) and added it for everything that uses XML_PARSER.
- The old parser still isn't quite right: it will skip until the next </unrec>, but not necessarily the matching instance of that tag.
- client: added error messages for unparsed XML in several places
- LIB/client: use "else-less" syntax in XML parsing code
- Mac: Add application icons to installer, uninstaller; add "are you sure?" dialog to uninstaller. Fix installer copyright and version strings.
- fixes SVN ticket #237 - current BM fails to build with wxWidgets unicode variant (Applied Frank Thomas's patch)
- client: fix bugs introduced by recent XML changes