Change Log 5.8.3
From BOINC Wiki
Date unknown, copied 25 March 2007
- MGR: use user-friendly app names (fix to work w/ 5.4.11)
- MGR: Possible fix for the Simple GUI messages dialog?
- MGR: don't prepend "(Activities suspended by user)" to result status. There is no longer a notion of "activities"
- MGR: Copy missing source file from HEAD branch for Frank Weiler's pie charts updates.
- MGR: Streamline the message dialog sync operation a little bit.
- client: lots of debugging messages for cpu_sched (may remove later)
- MGR: check for ERR_DB_NOT_UNIQUE, not ERR_NONUNIQUE_EMAIL
- Update libCurl to 7.16.0 and use sync name resolves instead of async name resolves.
- client: fix a bug that could cause computation to stop.
- • The problem: if we suspended a task by sending it a <quit/> message, we were changing its scheduler state to CPU_SCHED_PREEMPTED but not changing its task state (PROCESS_EXECUTING). If, for some reason, the process didn't exit right away, the scheduler would treat it as still running, since it builds its "currently running" list based on task_state.
- • Solution: the scheduler shouldn't be looking at task_state. Use scheduler_state instead. It's still a mystery why the app wasn't quitting.