Difference between revisions of "What do Suspended, Waiting and Postponed mean?"
From BOINC Wiki
(A setup of the new suspended page)
m (Jord moved page What does preempted/waiting mean? to What do Suspended, Waiting and Postponed mean?: renaming page to be more correct and up to date)
Revision as of 14:52, 2 September 2016
Possible messages you can come across:
- Waiting for memory.
- Waiting for GPU memory.
- Waiting to run.
- Waiting to run (Scheduler wait: Waiting to acquire lock)
- Postponed: waiting to acquire lock.
- Postponed: please upgrade BOINC to the latest version.
- Suspended: on batteries.
- Suspended: computer is in use.
- Suspended: user request.
- Suspended: time of day.
- Suspended: CPU benchmarks in progress.
- Suspended: need disk space - check preferences.
- Suspended: computer is not in use.
- Suspended: starting up.
- Suspended: an exclusive app is running.
- Suspended: CPU is busy.
- Suspended: network bandwidth limit exceeded.
- Suspended: requested by operating system.
Essentially, all these mean that BOINC is paused, or has paused any running work.
.. needs further explanation per message.
|Original writer||Original FAQ||Date|