Difference between revisions of "BOINC 7.5/7.6 Change Log"
(Formatting is not correct, will be fixed as soon as I am out of class ~~~~)
Revision as of 00:22, 27 May 2016
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.42 -> 7.5.0 (April 5, 2015)
- MGR: fix display bug with <dont_suspend_nci>
- MGR: fix display bug with <dont_suspend_nci> (reverted from previous commit)
- MGR: fix simple view display bug when use <dont_suspend_nci>
- MGR: fix simple view display bug when use <dont_suspend_nci> (reverted from previous commit)
- MGR: Work around an apparent bug in wxWidgets 3.0 on Linux which drew blank lines at the top and failed to draw the bottom items. This could happen if the list was scrolled near the bottom and the user selected "Show active tasks."
- MGR: work around a Linux bug in wxWidgets which prevents bringing the main window forward on top of Event Log (or any modeless dialog.)
- On all platforms, preserve Z-order of main window and Event Log when hiding / showing or deactivating / activating Manager.
- MGR: fix a bug in my last commit in Linux when a modal dialog is open which prevented bringing bringing the modal dialog with the main window forward on top of Event Log. (Linux allows the Event Log to be brought forward and made active even if we have a modal dialog displayed (associated with our main frame.)
- client: Change Windows 10's kernel detection version to 10.0 instead of 6.4.
- client: Check for the correct SKU as well.
- client: fix incorrect parsing of <max_ncpus_pct> (0 means no limit).
- MGR: begin updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification.
- MGR: continue updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification.
- LIB: add enabled_defaults() function to GLOBAL_PREFS (for GUI).
- client: run coprocessor tasks at higher priority even if they use >= 1 CPU.
- LIB: tweak values in GLOBAL_PREFS::enabled_defaults() function to better match new web prefs.
- MGR: tweak some strings in new Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: tweak more strings in new Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: continue updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification: tweak more strings, change wxStaticBox headings to bold italic on Windows and Linux.
- MGR: continue updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification: split each day-of-week time span text field into separate starting and ending time text fields; rearrange source code to match new order of items on dialog; add missing validators; fix bugs; begin expanding tooltips to cover static text and checkboxes in addition to text edit fields.
- MGR: continue updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification: make tooltips the same as new web prefs, try to apply each tooltip to all parts of its referenced item (checkbox, static text, textedit field, etc.) but tooltips are not yet working reliably.
- MGR: finished updating Advanced Preferences dialog to new specification: apply each tooltip to all parts of its referenced item (checkbox, static text, textedit field, etc.); fix bug saving Day-of_week overrides.
- MGR: minor tweak to new Advanced Preferences dialog: put "leave apps in memory" checkbox above page/swap file size to match the order in the web prefs.
- MGR: minor tweak to new Advanced Preferences dialog: remove redundant code.
- MGR: prefs dialog string tweaks.
- MGR: in Advanced Preferences dialog, clear idle timeout text input field when disabled because both "Suspend when idle" checkboxes are off, set it to default value when re-enabled by setting either checkbox on.
- MGR: change layout of most items in Advanced Preferences dialog so all rows are left justified with no gaps within a row instead of arranging items in grids. (The Day-of-Week overrides are still arranged in grids.)
- MGR: Add new clock icon to Daily Schedules tab in Advanced Preferences dialog,
- MGR: Fix bugs specific to MS Windows in Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: Fix compiler warning.
- MGR: Updated a few copyright dates to 2015.
- MGR: bug fixes in Advanced Preferences dialog: ensure we clear all disabled textedit fields when initializing dialog.
- MGR: fix typo, change layout in Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: Remove, now bogus, menu item.
- MGR: minor code cleanup in Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: tweaks to Advanced Preferences dialog: don't display decimal point and digits after decimal point if 0; set initial values for Day-of-week overrides when checkboxes are firs set; adjustments to a few strings; minor code cleanup.
- MGR: avoid unnecessary event handling in Advanced Preferences dialog.
- MGR: string tweak.
- MGR: In Advanced Preferences dialog, fix initial values set for network usage limit and time of day and day-of-week suspensions; more code cleanup.
- client: if get 417 HTTP status, switch to HTTP 1.0
• 417 (Expectation Failed) probably means we're talking to a 1.0 proxy.
- MGR: In Advanced Preferences dialog, fix '&' in "Disk & Memory" tab label.
- SCR: Fix build break introduced by commit cb0d59b.
- SCR: Update to allow building with Xcode 6.1.1 (using Automatic Reference Counting) as well as Xcode 5.0.2.
• Because Xcode 6.1.1 requires ARC, it builds only the 64-bit screensaver, so the screensaver can't run on OS 10.5. • Xcode 5.0.2 builds the screensaver without ARC, and builds a combined 32-bit and 64-bit "universal" binary which runs on OS 10.5 through the latest OS X (OS 10.10.)
- SCR: Improve validity testing of settings on Mac Screensaver control panel.
- SCR: Remove unused code from Mac Screensaver.
- Mac: update Xcode project for building BOINC 7.5 under Xcode 6.1.1.
• Rom: do not port this commit to the 7.4 branch; the screensaver this builds won't run on OS 10.5.
- Mac installer: Require OS 10.6 or later for BOINC 7.5.
• Rom: do not port this commit to the 7.4 branch.
- SCR: Fix a bug which prevented default screensaver (clientscr) from running when BOINC client was suspended.
client: startup message tweak: Running as a daemon (GPU computing disabled). client: correction to previous commit: running as a daemon disables GPU computation only on MS Windows. WINBUILD: Change where the installer looks for the MSVC runtime the BOINC binaries are linked against. MGR: fix display bug with <dont_suspend_nci>. MGR: fix simple view display bug when use <dont_suspend_nci>. client: show more config options at startup. MGR: show task running state correctly (fix last commits). MGR: shuffle menus. MGR: simple view menu tweaks. MGR: menu tweaks. MGR: Remove context-sensitive help button. MGR: Update about box with updated information. Don't use "&" in translatable string. WxWidgets requires "&&" for some reason, and this confuses translators. Mac: minor update to build instructions for trunk (BOINC 7.5.0 and later.) Mac: Corrections to build instructions for trunk (BOINC 7.5.0 and later.) MGR: Modify Simple Preferences dialog to match Advanced Preferences dialog and Web Preferences. MGR: Updates to Simple Preferences dialog: restore reference to Advanced Prefs dialog; fix controls to appear properly over a background image. The warning icon does not yet appear correctly over a background image. MGR: Fixes for correctly displaying controls over a background image in Simple Preferences; adjust size of warning symbol bitmap for dpi setting on Windows for Simple and Advanced Preferences. MGR: Fix appearance of Simple Preferences dialog items when tabbing through the items to change focus; adjust length of static line for DPI setting on Windows. MGR: Fix build breaks on Macintosh. MGR: When erasing controls in Simple Preferences dialog, align background image correctly for controls that are descendants of the dialog deeper than one level (grandchild, great-grandchild, etc.) MGR: Set default background of Simple Prefs dialog to white. MGR: Add a leading space between checkboxes and their labels in Simple Prefs dialog. MGR: Fix compiler warnings; fix Simple Prefs bitmap display on Linux. MGR: Fix CTransparentHyperlinkCtrl display on MS Windows which broke in the last checkin.