Difference between revisions of "Exit code -4 (0xfffffffc)"
(updated the FAQ)
(removing broken link to original faq)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Latest revision as of 21:38, 16 August 2017
This error notifies you of problems with your page file. It may be accompanied by "Project Application Name" error -4 Can't allocate memory.
It happens when your page file is full or trying to grow as big as all the free space on your drive.
Make sure you have free disk space, otherwise clean out the drive the page file lives on, or move your page file to a drive that is big enough to hold it.
In Windows Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10 do the following:
- Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard. The Run dialog will appear.
- Type the following in the Run box: SystemPropertiesAdvanced
- Click OK.
- In the window that opens click Performance Tab
- Click Settings
- Advanced Settings Tab | Virtual Memory | Click Change
- Uncheck Automatically manage page file (for all drives)
- Clicking on disk will allow you to set paging file where you want.
Do read the warning blurb when you try to disable the page file on the C: drive and then determine if you want to risk that. If you do not, set its sizes to 800 and 850MB and be done with it.
To determine the right size for your page file, check this page that helps you to calculate page file sizes in 64bit Windows.
|Original writer||Original FAQ||Date|