Change Log 5.10.8
From BOINC Wiki
Change Log 5.10.8, June 23, 2007
- Mac: Fix visible copyright and version strings in installer and uninstaller.
- Sandbox: fix switcher call to kill to eliminate error message and to correctly send SIGKILL instead of SIGTERM.
- client: when you read a file into a string with:
- read a line X
- S += X
- it performs real bad if the file is large (allocation of std::string seems to stupid). So I changed this to find file size n read file into
- malloced buf size n
- S = buf
- free buf
- LIB: moved functions to appropriate file
- compile fixes for Win
- client: fix two XML parsing bugs:
- 1) XML_PARSER::parse_int() and parse_double() wouldn't parse , and in fact would consume the , so that the resulting skip_unexpected() would skip the entire rest of the document.
- This was exercised because my checking of 17 Apr set the default for work_buf_min_days as "" rather than 0.
- 2) XML_PARSER::scan_tag() was removing spaces, so parsed as venuename="home"
- This actually didn't do any damage.
- client: read only first 63KB of stderr.txt
- user web: default work_buf_min_days is 0, not ""
- Mac: if (log_flags.state_debug) print debugging info when rename of client_state_next.xml to client_state.xml fails