Is BOINC available for Mac OS X?
From BOINC Wiki
- Download the installer.
- If your browser has not already done so, expand the zip archive by double-clicking on it in the Finder.
- Double-click on the BOINC Installer application to run the installer, then follow the prompts.
- Close the installer when it is finished. This will automatically launch the BOINC Manager.
- If you want BOINC to be your screen saver, open System Preferences from the Apple menu. Select Desktop & Screen Saver and select BOINCSaver.
- The default location for data directory of BOINC is
/Library/Application Support/BOINC Data. You may want to exclude this folder from Time Machine backup system to prevent increase of backup data size.
Several tools for Mac OS X are available to:
- Automatically run BOINC as a daemon or system service at boot time.
- Improve security for stand-alone clients.
- Prevent BOINC Manager from launching automatically when selected users log in.